Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hardy Flyweight - A New Obsession Begins...

A couple weeks ago I was going through a list of Facebook friend requests and moments after clicking "Confirm" on one, I received a message asking if I would be interested in a Hardy fly reel that he was looking to pass along to someone who would really appreciate it.  Was this some sort of new online scam that fly fishermen were being targeted on?

We passed a few messages back and forth and all was figured to be legit.  PayPal funds sent and yesterday a small box arrived this beauty of a English made Hardy Flyweight inside complete with original paperwork and case. 


This Flyweight was made in the early 1970's and is likely a year or two older than I am.  Without a doubt it's better shape and of course, better looking.



It's been quite a while since I've actively searched out vintage anything online.  I went through a several year eBay bender with J.W. Young and Martin fly reels years ago and I would scour the internet almost daily for very good to mint condition fly reels to add to my collection.  

A new obsession with English made Hardy fly reels may have begun yesterday.  It would be really great to collect a Lightweight and Featherweight to complete the set.

P.S...  Thanks Dalton and Chris for making this all happen.  I really do appreciate it.

No comments: