Thursday, March 17, 2016

GRAYWOLF RODS - McFarland Yellow Glass - Build #500

It is going on six years ago that Shane Gray of Graywolf Rods and I connected with a phone call.  I had been writing for T.F.M. for a couple years and he was just starting to build on fiberglass blanks.  Since that first conversation I've watched Shane go from an after work and weekend rod builder to making it a full job.  Along the way he's developed his own taper and signature series of fiberglass fly rods along with building on excellent blanks from McFarland, Steffen, Swift Fly Fishing, and others.

Shane sent these images of the McFarland Yellow Glass 8' 5/6 weight build and I just smiled when I also noticed it was Build #500.  Shane's hard work and talents show and this build very much a testament of his hard work paying off.


Shane wrote...  "Here is my 500th serial numbered fiberglass build.  I had been thinking about which blank I wanted to build on for #500 and thought it fitting to get a McFarland yellow glass blank as these are the same fiberglass blanks that I started building over 500 rods ago.  Mike McFarland’s recent release of these blanks was perfect timing.

- Yellow E Glass Fiberglass 
- 8’0” 5/6 Weight Three Piece with Spigot Ferrules 
- Bamboo Reel Seat
- All Dark Hardware 
- Slim Half Wells Flor Grade Cork Grip 
- Agate Stripping Guide 
- Wrapped in Dark Olive Silk
-  Tipped in Black with Orange Trim 

Being #500 I thought it would be nice to offer the rod for sale at $500  shipping. 

If interested please contact me."







Please visit the Graywolf Rods website for more information.  Follow along on the Facebook and Instagram for the latest builds and shop news.

No comments: