Thursday, November 23, 2017

Early Morning Smoke

I was up before 5:00 a.m. this morning without an alarm.  It's Thanksgiving and I am not responsible for much but smoking a turkey on the grill is all mine.  I've smoked a few over the years and have it kind of down to a science with the mother-in-law giving it a brine bath and then a low and slow smoking on the Chargriller Super Pro 2121 for a few hours.  At times I kind of dream about having a high end smoker but tough to beat these charcoal barrel grills. 













Four hours later and it's done.  I'll likely never fry or bake a turkey again.  Turkeys done this way are just too damn good.

Happy Thanksgiving.  How do you do your turkey?

3 comments:

Zach said...

I'm right there with ya Cameron! I love my chargriller.. I got the duo gas on one end and charcoal on the other. I have no need for one of those big Green egg things. Second smoked turkey for me and definitely not the last. Can't beat the flavor! Happy Thanksgiving! Tight lines!

Unknown said...

Brined and spatchcocked on the BGE with a small amount of cherry smoke. Best method I've found, so far.

Cameron Mortenson said...

Zach/Bill... Did another one yesterday and again great results. I just don't think I'll ever do a turkey any other way.