Saturday, December 15, 2018

MCFARLAND ROD COMPANY - Rolling a Fly Rod Blank

I'm not sure how this video stayed off my radar for so long but hobbyist fly rod builder Bob Hallowell stopped in at McFarland Rod Company and recorded this video of Mike McFarland rolling a blank from start to finish at the shop.  Even though Mike rolls some black glass blanks, this one was actually made of graphite but the process is largely the same.



My first custom fly rod build was an 8' five weight Spruce Creek that I continue to cherish.  This post is a good reminder that I haven't had that fly rod out of it's rod tube in way too long.

Visit the McFarland Rod Company website and follow along with the latest shop news on Facebook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would like to take credit for videoing the process. This was done by another one if Mike's friend. I was just the one that posted it. Thanks for sharing Cameron