From the McCall Angler's presser...
• Brad Owens - McCall Angler’s Head Guide. Brad has over 27 years of guiding experience, and has been a travel host for fishing expeditions across the Western US, Belize & Patagonia.
• Miles Nolte - MeatEater’s Fly Fishing Director. Miles has over 20 years of professional guiding and destination travel under his belt.
• Hank Patterson - Self acclaimed “World’s Greatest Fly Fishing Guide in the History of the World”. Hank brings his humor and industry experience.
• Graham MacKenzie - A 20 year veteran fly fishing guide, Graham has guided all over the US and abroad.
• Hutch Hutchingson - FFI Master Casting Instructor with over 30 years in the fly fishing industry
Fly fishing Guides can make a decent living during a season of guiding. Opportunities for professionals can range from working through an outfitter, a fishing lodge or travel destination trips, depending on level of experience. The fly fishing industry positively contributes to local economies where fishing resources are prevalent. Fly fishing clients often come from out of town, joined by their family or friends for days at a time. They stay in area hotels and rentals, dine at local restaurants and support local businesses.
McCall, Idaho offers a very unique and diverse fishery. Lake Cascade, a 30,000 acre reservoir is certainly the area’s most well known body of water which is home to trophy size Perch, Bass, Trout and Tiger Musky. The Payette River and its tributaries offers miles of fishing opportunities to include targeting species of Rainbow, Cutthroat and Brown Trout.
“Having a Fly Fishing Guide School located in an area where we can take advantage of these different fishing opportunities will allow our students to gain a multitude of experience that can translate to a career nearly anywhere in the country” says Brad Owens, Head Guide at McCall Angler.
McCall Angler’s Guide school runs May 9th – 15th, 2021. It will be held at the No Business Lodge in McCall. Tuition is $3,200 per student, and this package is all inclusive (lodging, meals, etc). Instruction will mostly be in the field and with minimal classroom time. Students can register by calling McCall Angler or visiting the website for more information.
McCall Angler is the premier fly fishing outfitter that has experience guiding in Valley County for over 20 years. They offer guided fishing in the area’s rivers and lakes as well as fishing lessons throughout the season."