Sunday, January 21, 2024

VEDAVOO - Nomadic Waters Trip Fly Box Solution

I've been brainstorming for the past two weeks on what needs to go with me to Brazil for the peacock bass trip with Nomadic Waters (I leave on Friday!!!) and since I'm limited to 38 pounds of luggage, it's been a process of needs vs. wants.  I'm an infamous "heavy packer" so it's been helpful that they have a great packing list which I've been following.  I needed to figure out a lightweight fly box to carry a few dozen flies down with me.  I really don't have space for a full sized fly box and then it hit me...

Solution = Vedavoo Fly Wallet in Mesh Shell 

I reached out to Scott Hunter and not only did he build up a couple of Core Fly Wallets with T.F.M. patches, but also included one of the new larger Fleye (12") Fly Wallets, which is the one I'm filling up with large jungle lies from Umpqua and Fly Geek Custom Flies.  He also sent along a couple of patched mesh shell No-Kink Reel Covers which I'm looking forward to using as well.

Scott did some step-by-step photographs of the build process and this is a good reminder that he has both the Comrade and Retro Fly patches in two sizes (2" and 3") on his website that you can add to any custom made gear for just $5 extra.














Look for an upcoming post as Scott decided to make a last minute batch of patched fly wallets for me to take down as gifts for the Nomadic Waters guides.  It's a generous move and I appreciate him greatly for it.

If you haven't visited the Vedavoo website lately, you should as there are a few new and updated gear items to check out.  You can find the T.F.M. patches option on the website, too.

No comments: