Friday, September 24, 2010

T.F.M. Spotting - Extreme Home Makeover

This T.F.M. Spotting Photo Contest post has been sitting in the email inbox for a few weeks now and I'm playing catch up this week on blog posts.  Ross Slayton was caught repping T.F.M. on the set of Extreme Home Makeover Edition though there's no chance that he'll show up on the small screen since they kept him tucked away and off camera.  Darn.
 
Ross wrote in his email...  I volunteered to help at the TV show Extreme Home Makeover Edition this last weekend as a finish and  trim carpenter. After some talking they decided that I needed to work with the designers in their "special projects" area.  I decided this would be a unique situation to go for a TFM Spotting scenario.  Here are a couple of photos of me with the three designers.  
The first is Ed, the shaved head English guy who cut the crap out of his hand a couple of years ago.  In talking to him I did not find a fisherman, just a frustrated Arsenal fan, who thought that fly fisherman were a "loony lot" of peculiar gents.  Jillian, the little brunette, was actually in "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" before being on this show.  She hails from a small town in Alberta and is familiar with fly fishing but prefers to ice fish because its easier to pound a few brewskies while sittin in a comfy fishing shack.  Finally is Paul Dimeo.  He is one frustrated fly fisherman!  He never gets the time away from the show and is particularly upset this week being that he is only two hours from the Henry's Fork, the South Fork of the Snake River, and unable to get away to fish at all.  I asked him if he had a favorite fly, river, or story and without a blink he regaled me with a great story of his trip to Alaska fishing for big grayling on a four weight!  

It was a very cool experience overall and was cool getting the pictures taken and telling the other people who helped about T.F.M. and Fishy Kid.  Rock on Cameron, Keep up the good work!  I hope this helps the blog out.  I know I sure had fun repping your website!

Ross...thanks for the cool T.F.M. Spotting!

1 comment:

Bjornorama said...

That is cool. Good job Ross. I love that show. You see such good in people on that show.