Wednesday, September 7, 2011

JP Ross Fly Rods Video And Note

Recently JP Ross Fly Rods & Co. updated their website with a fifteen minute video explaining all the options that customers have when ordering a fly rod this company.

Jordan Ross also took the time to send along this note to include with the video for this post which gives readers a better understanding of his perspective as a rod builder.

Jordan wrote...  "I have made fly rods as a business since 1997.  About six or seven years ago I took my love of materials and began working in electronics materials for Indium Corporation but still kept building rods.  I think the fact that I work with design engineers all over the world, day in and day out doing the same thing, I feel this urge to do more and more creative stuff with my fly rod company to build a fly rod that is a reflection of both the user, me and the Adirondack Mountains.  

Over the last few years, we have done more and more to offer new ideas to our customers and followers.  This is just a simple video to try to bring all this to the customer so that they get an idea of what we can do and how we think at JP Ross.  I also added a little fishing video at the end from my last trip to Canada.  Please enjoy it.  I know this is long.  Sorry."


"I am so pro American Labor it probably is borderline annoying to some people, but I travel around the globe sometimes six times a year looking at circuit boards being soldered and hand held devices being assembled in Asia that I absolutely know in my heart that I never want my Cross on a product that is made like that.  It is a different perspective in my shoes.  Been there, done that and have the stomach cramps and passport to prove it.

My fly rods are made by my company, in a cabin, next to two black labs, which are next to a coffee machine and a half empty bottle of scotch for those cold upstate New York nights.

I have track lighting and a full stereo system generally playing Jimmy Buffet.

I sell fly fishing stuff so that I can make a profit and stay in business to support our customers for years to come, innovate and inspire the industry, and to allow me to afford to fish as much as I do.  For fourteen years I have done this and I am proud that it has been done all in Utica, New York.  Home of Horricks Ibbotson, Martin Reels, Remington Guns, Ithaca Guns, Parker Shotguns, Fox Arms and so many acclaimed quality fishing and gun makers.  I feel it is in the water here that makes me do what I do.  Others make glass, spey, switch and bamboo rods better than us, but no one in the world makes a small stream fly rod with as much love and passion as we do.  Sincerely: JP, Montana and Patton"


Visit the JP Ross Fly Rods & Co. website for more information or to place an order.

2 comments:

bfly said...

Jordan's a real good guy, and builds some really great fly rods....a pretty good combination for someone who want's to take part in the fly fishing world - Very much like the guy running this blog!

Cameron Mortenson said...

bfly...the craftsmen of fiberglass fly rods was the main reason that I started TFM. Three years later and it's still the reason that I do it.