Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Kaneglass In Brookie Heaven

Abe Lee recently made a couple trips to a spot in Colorado that he has dubbed "Brookie Heaven". First with bamboo and then with glass. He posted reports on the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum and I asked if I could share his vintage Thomas &Thomas Kaneglass images.


Abe wrote...  "I hit "Brookie Heaven" again yesterday morning with a buddy for a few hours, this time with glass.  Streamside just after sunrise and the temperature was in the high 30's up near 10,000 foot of elevation.   Fishing for brookies with a rod from New England felt fitting.  There was even a surprise rainbow trout caught.  I tried the T&T with a Hook & Hackle 4DT and it felt nice and crisp.  Like my Kabuto of the same length, I'll plan to use a four or five line depending on the conditions."




Abe...stunning images as usual.  Brook trout in the fall take on unreal coloration.

No comments: