Tuesday, January 28, 2014

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. Expands The Barclay Glass Series

Last weekend Chris Barclay of C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. sent along a short email with a photograph of the latest additions to the Barclay Glass series with a 7'8" four and 7'10" five weight soon to be offered.  I am beyond impressed with the three weight and really excited to see the other line weights added to this series.

C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. is taking pre orders for the four and five weight fly rods and Chris will be sending one of each to be added to the T.F.M. Fly Rod Demo Program in the coming months as well.


Chris wrote...  "The response to the Barclay Glass three weight has been so overwhelming that I decided to go through with the production of the four and five weight fly rods as well.  

I have the final prototypes in hand and have spent countless hours casting them.  I can attest that they cast fine in -10 degree weather, although I don’t!.  I have to say that I’m extremely pleased with these rods and can’t wait to get them out there.

I expect the blanks to arrive by the end of January and will have completed rods in February.
 

These fly rods will be built the same as my three weights with proportionally larger grips. The four weight is 7’8″ and the five weight is 7’10″.  Both will be three piece rods."

To read more about the Barclay Glass Series check out these past T.F.M. posts...


Visit the C. Barclay Fly Rod Co. for more information.  You can also follow along on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well.

No comments: