Saturday, February 1, 2020

PANFISH ON THE FLY - It's Time to Fill Your Boxes

For a number of years I would resolve that this was the winter that I would tie more flies.  Well, for a long list of reasons, it would never happen and even though I enjoy fly tying quite a bit, I'm fine with it.  I would rather fill my boxes with flies that come from the vises of small shop tiers and even though they might be more expensive than digging through the bins at the shop, I tend to think they have some added mojo in them.  If nothing else, it keeps fly tiers doing what they love and I'm fine with that too.


A few months ago, Bart Lombardo of Panfish on the Fly sent a mini box of his favorite bluegill patterns and I'm circling back to share a couple of images that I took to remind everyone that now is the time to get those warmwater fly boxes looking right before it starts to warm up.  Tie your own or get on some talented tier's work flow list with a few dozen favorites ordered.


Jump over to the Panfish on the Fly website to poke around on the flies that he sells but also check out the tying tutorials and be sure to sign up for the newsletter too.

Remember to use code "SHIPFREE50" for free shipping on all orders over $50.00.

1 comment:

SwedishFish said...

I’m a fan! Using the micro gurgler as a trailer behind a folded foam or double barrel popper is deadly. Largemouth bass will hit them as often as the larger popper up front.