Sunday, December 5, 2021

FREE RANGE AMERICAN - A Fly-In Adventure on Beaver Island

Anyone who knows me, or has followed T.F.M. for any amount of time, knows that the week that I spend with Indigo Guide Service and STM Outfitters on Beaver Island, Michigan is a highlight of the summer.  I guess over the years, I've spent these trips with a couple dozen different friends with several of them returning for multiple trips. 

Writer Matt Smythe has been up there with us several times and we knew going into last summer that he'd be writing an article for Free Range American which was published online a few weeks ago.  It's a fun read and already got me jonesing for next summer's trip.
 

Matt did a stellar job of capturing a week on the island.  It's unpredictable.  The fishing can be lights out or not, the people on the island are now friends and just wonderful, and really there's just so much more to this trip than just the fishing.  I'll keep going each summer as long as Captain Kevin Morlock and Captain Steve Martinez are up there. 
 
Visit the Free Range American website to read Matt's article.
 

1 comment:

Preston said...

Outrageous trip dudes! We’ll told - I felt like I was right with y’all in the skiff shivering from da cold rain and adrenaline!!!!
On my list Fer sure!