Tuesday, November 22, 2022

GINK & GASOLINE - The Saltwater 6-Weight

First, it's great to see Louis Cahill of Gink & Gasoline again churning out content on his website and YouTube channel.  He's back and I'm looking forward to what he has lined up.

Second, a core tropical saltwater experience that plays in a loop in my head was a day spent wading a huge white sand flat in Ascension Bay, Mexico tossing small shrimp flies with my Epic Fly Rods 686.  

There was little or no wind and without a doubt, I wouldn't have touched a fraction of the fish that I did if I had instead been using an 8-weight.  It might not be the all the time preferred bonefish stick, but in the right situations, it's the only one to have. 

Have you taken a "Saltwater 6-Weight" on a bonefish trip?  If so, what did you think?

Follow along on Gink & Gasoline and subscribe to the YouTube channel too.

No comments: