Sunday, February 24, 2013

T.F.M. Spotting - Shad On Glass

You might remember Craig Crumbliss from the Florida drift boat trip that he and I did together a couple years ago and since then he has got really into glass...and I mean really into glass.  It's pretty neat to put a glass rod in someone's hand and see them really get it. 

Recently Craig sent this T.F.M. Spotting Photo Contest photo from a Florida shad FFF outing. 


Craig wrote...  "I was at a shad outing put together by the Backcountry Fly Fishing Association (FFF Club) for any Florida FFF members.  It was a weekend of camping and fishing on the St Johns River just northeast of Orlando.  I fished the Jann's 8' six weight all weekend and it was a so much fun pulling back on those fish.  I also sat around the campfire Friday night with Greg Peterson who was fishing a 5/6 weight Featherlight.  Pretty cool that two of the younger guys at an FFF event are the ones with a passion for glass."

Shad on glass sounds like a great time.  I need to put that on the to do list.

No comments: